A body scrub is to remove dead skin cells through exfoliation as well as cleanse the skin and increase the body’s blood circulation. Sometimes a body scrub is referred to as a body exfoliate, body gloss or body polish.
BENEFITS OF A BODY SCRUB
If you’re not using a body scrub then you’re definitely missing out on a number of benefits that other skin care products don’t provide. Here are the benefits of body scrub;
- Makes Skin Look Fresh and Rejuvenating.
- Makes Skin Look More Youthful.
- Moisturizes skin naturally.
- Improves Self Tanning.
Sugar scrubs are just easier to manage. They help remove the outermost layer of dead skin cells, leaving your skin softer and smoother, without causing pain. If your skin is extremely sensitive then a sugar scrub is a good choice.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Transparent Soap base — 60ml
- Sweet Almond oil — 60m
- White Granulated Sugar — 200ml
- Essential oil — 2ml (I am using Lavender)
- Mould — 1 small mould
- Color — optional
- Container — 1
- Spoon or spatula — 1
- Once we have all the ingredients ready, let’s start the procedure. Procedure of this recipe is easy and simple to do it, but you have to act quickly otherwise the sugar will melt and becomes liquid and that will not give a good scrubbing effect.
- Take a container and transparent soap base, cut it into small pieces keep it in an oven for 30 sec, now you can see the soap base will be in liquid form, to this add sweet almond oil, lavender essential oil, color and stir it properly
- Now here comes the tricky part, add granulated sugar to the mixture stir the mixture quickly and pour it in the mould.
- Keep the mould aside for 24 hrs, once the scrub is ready, take it from the mould and cut it into small cubes and store them in a glass jar.
Note: If your mixture gets hard, doesn’t worry keep the mixture in the oven for 10 sec then pour it into a mould.
WHAT IF YOU DON’T HAVE AN OVEN??
If you don’t have an oven doesn’t worry, even then you can prepare this recipe easily. Keep the base in a double boiler and wait till the base is completely dissolved
WHAT IS DOUBLE BOILER AND HOW TO MAKE IT?
Double boiler is a saucepan with a detachable upper compartment heated by boiling water in the lower one.
How to make it:
Take a saucepan pour some water in it and switch on the gas, once the water boils keep a small container that fits into the saucepan and put the soap base in a small container and wait till the base turns into liquid form.
What if you don’t have mould?
If you don’t have mould, you can use any of your home appliances which has flat surface like small lunch boxes, tea cups, but keep in mind it should not contain any water in it, before using them make sure you dry it properly.
HOW TO USE BODY SCRUB?
- Get into the shower, allow the shower to run for 5-10 minutes and let the warm water soften the skin and prepare for exfoliation,
- Apply the sugar to the whole body in a circular motion and rinse it thoroughly
- Use this scrub weekly twice only.
“Excessive scrubbing and rubbing as well as exfoliating can damage the skin”
Use this homemade body scrub regularly and feel like the luxurious spa treatment at home without spending much money ☺