In Sanskrit, the coconut tree is known as “kalpa vriksha” the tree which gives all its parts for the necessary for living” nearly all parts can be used, the water, coconut milk, flesh, leaves and oil. I have been using all coconut products for years for its wonderful benefits.
In today’s life, we are getting coconut milk even in CANS, but unfortunately, the CANS are lined with BPA.
What is BPA?
- BPA (Bisphenol A) is widely used chemical found in many plastics, FOOD CAN linings.
- BPA is also known as an ENDOCRINE-DISRUPTING CHEMICAL, which interferes with the production, secretion, function and elimination of natural hormones.
- BPA has been linked to numerous negative health effects in countless studies
Refrigerated cartons are somewhat better, but they are very expensive and many of them have added sweeteners or preservatives.
Fortunately, making coconut milk at home is simple and very inexpensive. Coconuts are highly nutritious and rich in fiber, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 and minerals including iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous.
Try this amazing recipe of homemade coconut milk and enjoy the benefits of coconut milk and see the difference ☺
What you will need:
- Grated coconut —– 2 cups
- Water —— 4-5 cups
- Take 2-3 fresh coconuts, with the help of scrapper scrap the coconut, it will consume little time but the flavor will be amazing and authentic,
- Once you get 2 cups of scrapped fresh coconut
- Add 4-5 cups of hot water into scrapped coconut mixture, keep it aside for 10-15 minutes, you will see milk has been extracting from the mixture, to extract more milk you need to squeeze with your hand.
- Take a bowl, strainer and Malmal cloth (a thin fabric usually used for straining liquids) on top of strainer, drain the coconut milk mixture into the malmal cloth and squeeze it completely..
- And here you go, homemade coconut milk is ready!!!!
Note: If you want thick coconut milk, use less hot water to get thick consistency
Where you can use thick coconut milk?
- You can drink as it is or by adding flavors (natural ☺)
- For cosmetics
- For hair masks
If you want thin coconut milk, use more hot water to get light consistency
Where you can use thin coconut milk?
In any food recipes
How to Preserve:
- Seal the container with an air tight lid.
- Store the coconut milk in the refrigerator for four to six days.
- For long-term preservation, store the coconut milk in the freezer for up three months.
Your coconut milk will separate after being refrigerated don’t worry this is normal!!!!
Thank you so much for reading friend, wishing you a nice day.