Healthy eating gives your body the essential nutrients it needs, while staying within your daily calorie goal for weight loss. A well-planned meal is a supportive tool for weight loss. When done right, it can help you create the calorie deficit required for weight loss while providing your body the healthy foods it needs to function and remain healthy. Planning your meals not only reduces your body weight but can also streamline the meal preparations and save you time
A healthy eating plan consist of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat dairy products, lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts. It is always important to consider what you eat instead of how much you eat. Here in this article we are explaining some of the important aspects of meal planning for healthy weight loss.
Meal Plan for weight loss:
When planning for weight loss your meal planning should include food with good amount of proteins, vitamins and fibers. The number of calories you burn should be more than the number of calories you consume.
- The diet should include high nutrients with low calorific value
- Always include fibers and protein rich foods. Fibers and protein rich foods helps to keep your stomach fuller for longer hours, reduce cravings and help you feel satisfied with smaller amount of food
- Reduce intake of sugars and processed foods. As these foods stimulates fullness centers in brain and makes it difficult to meet your nutrient requirements.
- Include a variety of fresh vegetables and seasonal fruits to keep you hydrated and healthy.
How to build Nutrient rich meals:
First thing to start with is to fill your half of the lunch plate with non-starchy vegetables. These are rich in fibers, water content and many other vitamins and minerals which are must for your health. Then fill the other half with proteins like whole grains, legumes, meat, tofu and fruits. You can also add little flavor to your meal with healthy fats like olives, nuts and seeds.
Many of us have a habit of snacks between the meals. Healthy snacks will help in reducing hunger and the overall number of calorie intake will be reduced in a day. Snacks time can be fulfilled with healthy menu like roasted peas, raw vegetables and fruits with yogurt, oats, salads and fresh juices.
When you skip snacks, you will feel overly hungry at your next meal and will eat more, making it more difficult to reach your weight loss goals.
Helpful tips for a healthy meals:
- Pick up a meal plan that suits for your daily routine. Make sure that you plan according to the work you do and calories you burn.
- Include a variety of ingredients in your schedule to meet your daily nutrients needs
- Pick up quick and easy recipes depending on you time availability. Have a pre planned menu for the week, so that you will not waste much time in preparation and aids to reduce food wastage
- Don’t skip snacks between meals. Supplement your hunger with protein and fiber rich foods
- Cook food thoroughly and don’t store of longer period. Proper cooking kills most bacteria in the food we eat. So, cook it at high temperatures and should be consumed with in 1 or 2 days after preparation
Meals should be always nutrient dense. Adapt a variety menu in your calendar. A good weight loss meal plan can be incredibly simple and saves lot of time while providing all the required nutrients. So, plan prior, eat healthy and stay fit.