Thyroid is a butterfly shape endocrine gland present near the neck region. This gland primarily produces the hormones called Thyroid Hormones (Triiodothyronine (T3) and Thyroxine (T4)) which influence the body metabolism and protein synthesis. So, when this gland produces irregular levels of hormones it leads circumstances called Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism which affects metabolic functionality, use of energy and oxygen by tissues and heart, damages skin and hair and relates to other health issues.
Symptoms of Thyroid:
Here are the few commonly seen symptoms in thyroid patients.
- Increased sensitivity to cold
- Dry skin, puffy face, hoarse voice
- Muscle cramping
- Sudden weight gain
- Menstrual changes
- Irregular Heartbeat
- High cholesterol levels
- Heat intolerance
- Brittle fingernails and hair.
Reasons behind weight gain in Thyroid:
A mysterious change in weight is one of the most common signs of a thyroid disorder. In Hypothyroidism condition weight gain is far common and Hyperthyroidism is characterized with unexpected weight loss.
A person with underactive thyroid will weight gain and obesity as the byproducts. During Hypothyroidism the body metabolic activity and blood circulation slows down. Due to this sluggish movement of food through your stomach and intestines can lead to indigestion, constipation, and bloating. Other health problems are also associated with low thyroid which includes chronic fatigue, infertility, joint pain and heart disease.
Home-Remedies for Weight Loss for Thyroid Patients:
A diet which is filled with low-carbs, high-proteins, and high-fiber will help in curing thyroid very fast compared to normal people. The below listed foods will manage thyroid levels in your body and they are rich in nutrients like Iodine, selenium, Zinc, and other vitamins like Vitamin B, C, E.
Foods to Eat during Thyroid Diet:
- Grains: Brown rice, Quinoa, Oats, Cereal, and other gluten-free grains.
- Vegetables: Avocado, Beets, Carrots, Cucumber, Eggplant, Onions, Pepper, Mushrooms, Beans, and others.
- Fruits: Apples, banana, grapes, Avocado,
- Oil: Olive oil, Coconut oil, Fish Oils, and other raw products with low cholesterol levels.
- Beverages: Green tea, Red tea, Organic and fresh juices and Herbal drinks are most preferred.
- Non-Vegetarian: Eggs, Fish, Chicken, Sea foods such as Oysters, Salmon,
- Dairy Products: Milk, Yogurt, Raw Butter
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- Vitamin B, D foods
- Siberian Ginseng
- Plenty of Water
- Dark Chocolate in limit
- Black Peppers
Foods to avoid to get rid of Thyroid:
- Soy products, Soy beans
- Soya milk
- Raw foods like Cabbage, broccoli. Cauliflower, Peanuts, Spinach, Radishes, Strawberries, etc.
- Red meat like mutton and pork
- Soft drinks
- Alcohol and Caffeine
- Stop smoking
Herbs to Treat Thyroid:
These ayurvedic medicines will treat thyroid, reduces its gland and stimulates its production.
- Guggul Extracts
- Coleus Foreskohlii
Weight loss tips for Thyroid:
- Drink plenty of water
- Get enough sleep everday
- Avoid high-caffeine content drinks
- Add fresh fruit and vegetable juices
- Add more Vitamin A intake in your diet
- Get involved in more physical activities
- Decrease stress and keep yourself happy
- Increase the intake of Iodine or its supplements
- Add fresh fruits and vegetables in every meal
- Plan and get time for exercise, yoga, gym and others
- Stop stored and ready-made foods available in the market
- Keep your mind and body fresh, active and peace all the time
- Get minimum 20 minutes of early morning sunlight which includes vitamins and other essential components.
Always intake of any sort of food should be in limit and taken at proper time. Choose the best for you and lead a healthy life. Follow proper diet and exercise to be fit.
Stay healthy! Live happily! 😊